We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. George Greenhill is committed to protecting your privacy and We ask that you read this Policy carefully to be informed about our practices. Further details on GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk This Policy details information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
What type of information we may collect from you:
● Your name.
● Your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number.
● Information related to your attendance of, and interest in, exhibitions, events and art fairs.
● Information about you that you give us in person at events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our site georgegreenhill.co.uk and georgegreenhill.com or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise.
● Information in relation to your purchase of our art work or use of our services.
● Collecting information you give to us when you purchase any art work or visit us at any art fair.
● Completion of forms on our website.
● Information you give to us when you come in to the gallery.
How do we use your information?
● To send you information.
● To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
How we collect information about you
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us.
This could include:
● To communicate with you.
● Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell your personal information to third parties. We will not disclose Personal Data to third parties without you knowing about it.
The exceptions are:
● Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site by analyzing how the Site is used.
● If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to keep it as secure as possible. We use industry standard standards of technology and operational security to try and prevent any personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. You accept that any transmission of your Personal Data is done at your own risk. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
Links to other websites
In accordance with your legal rights under applicable law, you can request information about the Personal Data that we hold about you, what we use that Personal Data for and who it may be disclosed to.
You can also ask us to correct Personal Data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete; – erase your Personal Data for marketing purposes (see ‘Direct marketing’ above). If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to our data protection contact at the email address in the ‘Contact’ section below. If you wish to update your preferences or unsubscribe from newsletter communications, you can do so via the links found at the bottom of all our newsletters.
We will retain certain Personal Data in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which in the UK may be up to 6 years after a specific transaction). In respect of the holding of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, we will retain this data for a limited period in line with recommendations of the ICO and other competent regulatory authorities.
If you have further queries or requests relating to how we use Personal Data, please email us email@example.com. The same applies if you are linked to our website from a third-party website. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.